Green Mushy Peas

The adventures of a stay at home mom to three, traveling abroad during the summer of 2006.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Is that what you call sea life?

What a sad sad trip to the sea life centre.

The bus ride there was where my agony began... as we were attempting to get off the bus from the second floor, the impatient bus driver decided everyone had gotten off at that stop and took off before we were even down the stairs. So I thought well, no big deal - bus stops are usually one right after the other and walking distance in between really.... but good GRIEF this bus must have gone nearly a MILE before stopping again! So it was off to a bad start. Add on top of that the fact that I was cussed out by an old man getting off the bus because I accidentally bumped my stroller into him as I struggled to get myself, three kids, a bag, and the stroller off the &*$^#&^$%#&%$ bus. Let's just say that Christ was with me, because if I had been in the flesh I would have 100% told that old man to swivel. Instead I apologized profusely. Maybe had that crotchety old man offered to, oh, I dunno - HELP ME - he might not have gotten a stroller beating.

We finally arrived to the Sea Life Centre and met Nanny... late, but safe.

First of all, there were so many foreign tour groups in the place that at one point I was almost positive I was in Hong Kong. So many flash bulbs that my eyes still see spots! Second of all, we paid over 26 POUNDS to get in... that was with a get one free coupon, and me lying that Christian was still two! 26GBP = almost 50$!!!! It was pathetic. We were in and out of there in under an hour. The biggest deal was their "shark tank" which housed one really sad looking nurse shark that might have quite possibly been dead and just stuffed for effect.

Christian was petrified of the entire thing, thinking that the octopus was going to break thru the glass and eat him (I am sure this stems from being forced to watch JAWS at PaPa's house, as that is where my insane fear of Sharks in Swimming Pools comes from). It really was a really crappy day. Hot, and crappy.

After we waded thru the mass of picture happy Japanese Tourists (honestly, guys, that isn't a stereotype. It's the God's Honest Truth) we went back up and had at the very least a nice lunch at one of the seaside pubs.

By nice, I mean they gave me two ice cubes, instead of none.

God Bless the USA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home