Green Mushy Peas

The adventures of a stay at home mom to three, traveling abroad during the summer of 2006.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Note to Self: Don't Use Blowdryers Overseas

I wake up to chaos at my house this morning. Children running everywhere, everyone demanding something at the same time (usually on two different levels of the house), trying to get everyone bathed, dressed, fed, and watered before we left for church was enough to make me want to crawl back into bed and just admit defeat to the day.

Of course, as always, I left my own preparations to the last minute.

I snuck off to the third floor of the house, in a lame attempt to get 5 minutes of peace, only to be greeted by my son, diaper-less, exclaiming to me (and the neighbors, and probably half of South East England) that he has a "GIANT HUGE weiner".

I shushed him down the stairs, made a mental note that the grossness of men really DOES start from birth, and hurried thru my shower.

At 9:50, I began to panic. Charlotte refused to get her shoes on, Madison was crying because she wanted to wear the red dress and NOT the green one, and Christian was still telling anyone who would listen about what was in his pants. I quickly threw on my clothes, threw on my make up, and then ran into the bedroom to dry my hair.

I was greeted in the bedroom by Stewart, who was busy getting himself dressed. We were bickering back and forth over what he should wear vs. what he WANTED to wear, and I turned my back to him in and a huff to plug the hairdryer in (thru our travel electricity adapter) at which time it EXPLODED. Fire shot from the plug, and large ***BAM** richocheted thru the air, smoke started to seep out of the socket. I was thrown backwards a bit, and the alarm began to screech.

Fast forward 30 minutes.

The alarm is still screeching.
I can't feel my fingers.
Our ride is here.

After attempting to get in touch with our landlord, we just gave up, cut the mains, and left. The huge racket ceased, but the small alarm under the stairs kept screeching wildly. I am sure the neighbors loved us this morning.

I am assuming that the alarm has just used up his battery at this point, because when we got home it was quiet in the house.

My hair dried into it's standard frizzy mess, and I finally regained feeling back in my left hand.

Stupid electricity.
You'd think they would make that crap UNIVERSAL!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home