Green Mushy Peas

The adventures of a stay at home mom to three, traveling abroad during the summer of 2006.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Are We Really Safe?

As I sat here today watching the news unfold in London about the foiled terrorist attack, I got chills down my spine. Less than a week ago I loaded my entire family on an airplane, destined to the U.S. from it's departure point in London, England. We climbed on board, tired and grumpy. We suffered our eight hours with the help of our ipods, coloring books, snacks, and other goodies... and not one time did I ever doubt that our plane would land safely on the other side of the atlantic.

When I look back at that flight now, I realize that no matter how safe we feel... we are never really safe.

I could have very well been on the plane I was meant to be on... which would be flying out of London in the next few days. It could have very well been one of the targeted flights.

We have been trying to wrap our head around that possibility... that thought. The chance that our plane might have been an unlucky one. The bomber that got away. It's scary to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home