Green Mushy Peas

The adventures of a stay at home mom to three, traveling abroad during the summer of 2006.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The End.

Well I promised my friend Brandi that I wouldn't end the Green Mushy Peas blog on such a somber note. The damn terrorists, always ruining everything!

My summer abroad is over. While I was there, it seemed that the summer would never end. Now that I am home, it seemed like the summer absolutely flew by.

Every day I was in England, I thought about how nice it would be to be home, in the US. Now every day back here, I find myself missing something. Despite my homesick rantings, I did have a good time. It was a great expierience for my family... definitely for my children. My children, after all, are still half british. I think sometimes I need to remember that. I'm the only true "American" in my family. I fear the rest of the crew will always have a special place in their heart for that tiny little island, where the gas is expensive and the meat is boiled. ;)

So what do I miss about England?

The chocolate.
The breeze.
The sea.
The downs.
The countryside.

Taking long walks thru endless fields, where on one side you see nothing but fields and fields of wildflowers... and on the other side you see nothing but the endless blues of the sea.

The stone churches, carved into the little villages... each with their own story.

The 20 minutes of solid silence every morning, spent pegging my washing out in the warm sun, with a hot cup of coffee and a cool breeze.

The atmosphere of the city centre, with it's eclectic taste in jewelry, art, and culture.

I even miss the media, with it's outlandish front page stories and it's crazy headlines.

BUT...

I'm an American at heart.
And I belong here. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home