Green Mushy Peas

The adventures of a stay at home mom to three, traveling abroad during the summer of 2006.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

World Cup Fever, and other interesting tidbits.

I said I was going to get a picture of the "World Cup Fever" here, and I wasn't lying. I took this photo yesterday on my way back from my visit to St. Nicholas'. Football here can not be described in American terms of understanding.. the fever is to the point where people schedule their appointments, dinners, and every thing around the games. Every store, including GAP, is full of ENGLAND team wear, and 3 out of 5 people you meet on the street will be wearing England colors, kits, or something else. I have seen England Thongs, underwear, diapers, swim suits, cattle (yes, cattle) and cars. It's insane. This house (actually, it's two houses) is next door to Robert and Gloria's practically... I would say they are football fans, wouldn't you??



And a few more interesting photographs... this is an old tree by one of the old gates that lead out to the downs. Stewart said he used to climb it when he was a boy, and it's just a really cool old tree. I'm not even sure what kind of tree it is either.... but it's pretty enough.



And last, but not least, if you let your dog take a dump outside of your own back garden, and you don't immediately clear it up... be prepared to fork over cash. Fines in the better part of Hove reach skywards of 700$!!!!

NO TURDS ALLOWED:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home