Green Mushy Peas

The adventures of a stay at home mom to three, traveling abroad during the summer of 2006.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Hounds

We had a great time last night at the greyhounds!
The kids even came with Nanny and Grandad for a few races... Maddie loved watching the dogs run, and they actually have a really nice playground.

The first time I ever bet on a greyhound race, I was maybe 20 years old and I put a fiver on a trio, meaning I placed the first, second, and third finishers in the correct order. I walked away with about £185. From then on, I have thought myself an expert on the dogs. HA!!! Let's just say in the 4 or 5 England trips and visits to the greyhounds, I don't think I've won a single. race. since. I'm actually cursed!! It's like I pick out a dog, put a £1 bet on it, and the thing shows up in the pre race parade with three legs and an eye patch. Even the FAVORITES that have won every race up to the one I bet on them in come in dead last. Poison bet Kathy. That should be my name!

Stewart came away fairly good, and he had a great time rubbing my face in his victory!!!

I didn't get to take any pictures, they didn't allow cameras in the stadiums. Boooooo. So once again, a day with no pictures! Am I slack or what??

Today, we have a big day planned. We're skipping church in favor of taking the boy to a birthday lunch over at the McDonald's at Homebush. He turns three tomorrow, which happens to be the same day that Stewart boards a train for Manchester for two days. So we are going to do the cake/dinner/presents thing mostly today, so Stew can be here for it too.

Of course England plays at 4pm, so everyone will be watching that this afternoon!!!! This is England's first game in the knockout rounds, and they are playing Ecuador.

GO ENGLAND!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home