Green Mushy Peas

The adventures of a stay at home mom to three, traveling abroad during the summer of 2006.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

ENGLAND WINS!! and I might be in the Amazon.

GO ENGLAND!

Thank goodness, I was getting worried there for a minute. ;)

So the next match they play either Portugal or Holland I believe? I think the consensus around here is we want Portugal to win.

As for the Amazon bit to my title, we went on a walk after dinner tonite, and I was attacked by what they call a 'stinging nettle'. I have heard them mentioned time and time again when we are on the downs with everyone, but I figured they were thorn bushes. I have seen lots and lots of thorn bushes. But NOoooo..... these things are VISCIOUS!!!! I have never seen anything like them. Rub up against them and it feels as if you have been set on fire. And then giant WELTS appear all over your leg. I was gotten by one of these plants about 30 minutes ago and the stuff STILL hurts. I swear, these plants are something you see on the discovery channel when Steve Irwin is exploring the depths of the Amazon. Stinging nettles. OUCH!

Pictures to come tomorrow of Little Man's birthday celebrations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home